Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Friends, friends and friends..

The thing I miss most by far, being here in Dublin, is my friends. I have a few good friends in the Bay Area, some have already fallen off the face of the earth now that I am gone. I shouldn't be surprised really, the same thing happened when I left to travel in 2002. I guess the feeling is so strange... people I was so close to suddenly I don't hear from, or it's sporadic. It makes me a little sad.. I miss them.

But recently, I've found a whole new bunch of girls. The online ones. We used to know each other from posting on our i-village websites, now we are all blogging. I read how each is doing, they read how I'm doing, there's all sorts of support for me from a place I never expected to get it. I get alot of advice, support, laughter from these ladies and unlike my wine drinking/hiking/dancing/irish bar hopping/wicca friends, they are here for me day in and day out. I feel like I'm reaching out there and these girls are reaching back and this is making me happier than I can say right now.

Thanks girls.

4 Comments:

Blogger E in Oz said...

Sending big hugs your way. And you know what? It works both ways. The best thing is - it's unconditional and it's real. And ya can't get better than that.

Hugs,
E :-)

November 23, 2004 at 10:16 PM  
Blogger Randygirl said...

Even better? Since we're all spread so far around the world, one way or another somebody is up at most any time of the day or night.
Although I have a little chart next to the computer to remind me how many hours everyone is. You're Pacific Time +8!
And should I stop by El Grullense or someplace and send some *real* food?
hugs,
R

November 24, 2004 at 2:29 AM  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

:) and xoxo

November 24, 2004 at 2:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(((((((HUGS!)))))))
thanks for letting an anonymous girl like me, to post! i love my online girlfriends. we relate so openly and unconditionally. --not that i wouldn't mind hiking and wine drinking and all that good stuff, too! ;-)
xox
~anonymous G

November 24, 2004 at 5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home