Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Yummy, yummy for the tummy

I don't do it very often but today I baked some chocolate chip cookies. Nestle Tollhouse famous recipe but, of course, I didn't have any Nestle Choc Chips, certainly not in the 12 or 16 oz bag because you can't get them here. Sigh. I actually DID see chocolate chips at the store in this little 5 oz bag (actually it's grams here) and they didn't look all that good. So I broke up baking chocolate instead. And for some reason, they just don't taste that great... Don't get me wrong! I'll still eat 'em - they ARE cookies and there IS chocolate involved - they just aren't AS good. Maybe I need to get used to the oven, a little different than ours at home because there's a fan in it.. things cook faster and at lower temps than I'm used to. Maybe it's still my measuring process, having to convert my US measurements to Metric (why can't the US just use the same system as everyone else? we always gotta be different... in a pain in the ass sorta way!), maybe its the fact that I just don't have the proper equipment. I don't know. They aren't as good.

So, I've decided to make fajitas tonight because I CAN make those with no problem and they are yummy. I know I'll be happy with them! LOL

And don't worry, I'll still eat the cookies.

3 Comments:

Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Awwwwww, want me to send you some REAL chocolate chips?

November 25, 2004 at 1:22 AM  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Ok, now lemme add chocolate chips to my list of things I haven't eaten in eons. Waaaaaaah! hehe

November 25, 2004 at 3:22 AM  
Blogger Randygirl said...

Glad they at least have tortillas! I couldn't survive without my quesadillas.
But um, yeah, I probably shouldn't bring up the homemade Reese's peanut butter cups I made on Friday?

November 25, 2004 at 4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home