Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Back in the U.S.S.R...

Well, in the USA anyhow. I had a great flight out yesterday after a not-too-sad farewell. I am too excited about our future to be sad, really. We have so much happening to us.

Do I miss Dublin? Well, there are people to be missed mostly but the city itself, is just another city. Once it becomes familiar, you see the ugly as well as the beautiful. Still, we went into town on Saturday, just wandered around taking it all in. We walked through Temple Bar, watching the buskers. We had lunch in the Elephant & Castle (actually the best burger I've had in Ireland), wandered down by the Liffey and looked around in amazement at all the people. There was a parade/march/protest on, supporting the release of IRA prisoners and honoring those that died. I have my own opinions about that but I enjoyed watching the bagpipe band, the sound of those are so haunting to make you cry...
After that, we went out to Rathgar and stopped for my last lovely pint of Guinness. Only it wasn't that lovely, truth be told. It wasn't as creamy as I liked and I was a bit disappointed. Since I only can have one, I felt cheated. But such is life, sometimes. I'll miss that, even though I don't have it much. There's nothing like it in the world.

So new life starts now, a few busy days with the parents, then up to Seattle I go, Miata packed to the roof and CD player blaring. I love a good road trip.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When Content just isn't Enough
You know, when we talk about blogs, we're inclined to side-step beauty in favour of content.
Hey
If you have some time please visit my site Make money from the internet

September 27, 2005 at 1:31 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Great to have you back in the states. It just wasn't the same here without you.

September 27, 2005 at 2:26 PM  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

You'll be happy to know that there's an Elephant and Castle pub in Seattle! It has a few menu items that I'm assuming are Irish because the names made me snicker a bit. ;)

Looking forward to seeing you!

September 27, 2005 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger monica said...

I don't think my life has fit in a Miata in a loooooong time! Hahaha.

My brother tells me the PCH is a gorgeous drive. Never did it myself, but sounds like a wonderful road trip!

September 28, 2005 at 2:03 AM  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

Welcome back! You have a wonderful journey ahead of you, A.
Congrats and best of luck to you.
:-)
xoxo
G

September 29, 2005 at 1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home