Tuesday, October 04, 2005

You can tell you're in the northwest when....

you get the best thai food that you've had in years.... I don't know what it is about the Bay Area but in the eight years I lived there, I could never find a good thai restaurant. I had a great one when I lived in Seatt1e but there is definitely an absence of thai spice in the multicultural area known as Silicon Valley. But I pulled into Eugene, 0regon after 9 hours on the road today, stopped in my hotel to check email and wandered down the street to a thai restaurant I'd seen on the way in. I had probably the *best* thai meal - gosh, the flavors, the HEAT - that I've had in years..... it was gorgeous and I'm thoroughly satisfied. Sigh...

(edited to note: how many times can YOU use the word thai in a paragraph! and is it meant be Thai?)

Tomorrow I take off for my new home. I can't wait to see my new house!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 4, 2005 at 6:04 AM  
Blogger Girl said...

mmm, i love the simplicity and wonder of a great pad thai. delish!

October 4, 2005 at 8:07 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Sounds like everything is going right for you these days. Can't wait to hear about the new home.

Good luck!

October 4, 2005 at 2:27 PM  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

We (hubby and I) LOVE Thai food. I've yet to find a crummy Thai place here in Seattle (even in my small town, there's a good one!) No mail service or voicemail service, but a good Thai restaurant, by God!

October 4, 2005 at 5:43 PM  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

It all sounds great, A! The Thai food might be great in the Pacific Northwest, but the chips and salsa are better in the southwest!

How exciting....you're almost "home". :-)

Happy Travels!

October 4, 2005 at 6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, tell me about the greatest Thai place in Seattle please! I'm not a big Thai fan, but the boy looooooves it, so I know he'll be on the hunt for a good one :)

October 4, 2005 at 11:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

But when you do find one, you'll be back again and again. I know what you mean. Good luck on the move!

October 9, 2005 at 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home