Thursday, December 02, 2004

Still got a lot to learn about relationships..

Well, I'm coming up to that time of year... Christmas cards. I actually got organized and bought some. I've been struggling a bit lately. Since I've been here, I've sent a couple birthday cards, signed Love, A. My other half asked, after I'd already sent them, did you include me? Chagrined, I said, no, I forgot. ((blushing)). A month or more went by. Thanksgiving came, I sent a big happy
T-Day email to everyone in my address book, signed, Love, A. M said, later of course, did you send it from me as well? Again, I blushed, embarrassed because I'd again forgotten my other half! I've spent 36 years buying my cards and signing my name and I've never had anyone in my life long enough to include their name... And now I do and I can't remember to do it! I feel a bit of a loser about it too. Should I be remembering by now? I'm sure I probably should. Definitely now that it's happened twice, I can't forget. I bought the Christmas cards, I have the pen ready and in the back of mind, I WILL remember to sign it, Love A and M. I can do it! I know I can... (I hope) Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

Blogger E in Oz said...

Ooh, I know how you feel. It's hard sometimes to wrap your head around 'us' stuff when you're used to 'I' stuff.

C talks a lot in terms of 'we' and 'us'. "We have to invite xxx over" or "xxx should drop by and see us". Meanwhile, I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that we're 'us'. LOL

December 3, 2004 at 12:40 AM  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

I remember how weird it was when hubby would sign cards from both of us when we'd go to a birthday party. It just felt W.E.I.R.D!! I'd been single for 14 years and I wasn't used to seeing that.

If it's any consolation, last year even though we were living together I didn't send out cards from both of us. Mostly likely because I was still trying (probably unsuccessfully) to hide the fact that we were 'living in sin'. tee hee.

I've started addressing our Christmas cards, and now I have the dilemma of how to sign them. I kept my last name. Oh brother...

December 3, 2004 at 3:30 AM  
Blogger Randygirl said...

I had a hard time with the ex because he was so OCD about how it should be done. He wanted me to write a full Xmas letter to each person individually (not a printed out one to everybody), and write it in first person to my family, signed R & J, but in third person to his family, signed J & R. erg.
I think I'll go call B and tell him how I love him for being normal.
hugs,
R

December 3, 2004 at 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home