Sunday, January 30, 2005

Chillin'

I want to start this post giving hugs to RG. ((((((((((((((((((RG))))))))))))))))))) I read your alter-ego and thought I could post but it says i'm not a team player... team member.. something like that. I just want you to know that I hope you are doing okay, it sounds like a really hard issue to deal with and you being supportive of your husband is probably the most you can do. I'm sorry it's causing you pain..

That said, we had a really quiet weekend. Uneventful. I went to see 'Closer' on Friday.. interesting movie. Clive Owen is a hottie, if I do say so myself. Anyone else seen this? I left thinking 'did I like that? how did it make me feel?' and, not knowing, I came to the conclusion that it was a great movie because it left me thinking... which is more than I can say for most.

Friday night we had dinner with M's parents. I'd been doing my eating thing, like I mentioned a few posts ago... but at M's parents, I ate a plateful of food and I swear I had the worst stomach cramps that night. So, I realized maybe the last week I was being a little extreme, not eating enough.. I'll eat a bit more but just not go overboard, cut back portions and all. I've noticed it has affected my workouts as well. So I have to rethink my strategy a bit.. shouldn't be a problem. I suppose that's what it's all about..

The rest of the weekend I've been cooking. I know, not the best if you are trying to lose weight... but I made a quiche. It turned out yummy, I'm getting the hang of it anyhow. Then I made some chicken stock and made some chunky chicken soup today, which was lovely. I've finally achieved some level of cooking that I'm proud of... if people came over, I actually have a few dishes that I can make... not too hard, not too time consuming and yummy. So, I guess I can safely say that the best thing to come out of not working these past few months.... my newfound love and need to cook!!! It's really given me the time and incentive to create and I like it... I'm happy about it!! :) (Martin loves it too so that makes me feel even better!)

Last but not least, I decided I'm going to splash out on a laptop. I've been waiting all this time, thinking about applying for jobs, kind of going half hearted about it... Now M's online all day, I can't get on the computer unless he's gone (since he's using it to make money so we can live) so I've decided to take a little of my savings and buy a laptop, then teach myself C++ or whatever programming language is popular now. Just really spend some hours learning something... I'd forgotten I have the ability to teach myself things that may help me in the future... been focusing too much on what I'm not doing. Bleaah! Done with that... Time to move on.

2 Comments:

Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Yippeee! a laptop! Now you can be like me- sit in the same room with "M" and blog away.

I'm learning SQL and PHP right now. It's all the rage, you know. ;)

xoxo

PS- thanks for the support. I'm feeling REALLY good about things today.

January 31, 2005 at 6:58 PM  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Sorry A, just hijacking your comments for a moment....

RG, I seem to have lost the link to your other blog. Can you email it to me, please? musekalliope (at) yahoo dot com. As for SQL, that's what I've been doing the past couple of years. I could leave here and get a job that pays ridiculous money if all I wanted to do was SQL programming, but I think I'd go nuts. Haven't touched C++ or php yet...

Ooooh, hey A, send me some chicken soup, would ya! hehe mmm now I'm hungry. :-p

January 31, 2005 at 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home