Saturday, January 15, 2005

Mexican fiesta

A small miracle has occurred. I found tortilla chips! Ones without flavoring, which seemed to be difficult to find here. All the 'crisps' as they are called here ('chips' are the awesome french fry that actually contain some potato) have some odd flavors. While I DO like the salt and vinegar flavor (not too popular in the States but crazy over here) and the thai chili flavor, I'm not a fan of cheese and onion or bacon flavored or black pepper and smoked ham... Whereas in America, we'd have a huge row of 'chips' in large size bags, here the row is about 1/3 the size and the bags are too. (Obesity is still a problem though. I think it's the drink!LOL) But I digress...

So, we are having a couple over tonight and I'm making my attempt at mexican food. Chicken enchiladas, a little refried beans w/cheese on the side, some sauteed peppers in a bit of enchilada sauce. We made a mean (re: with a kick) salsa which is currently steeping in the refridgerator. It gets more kick as the hours pass... Now if only we could have found some Corona, Tecate, Pacifico or Simpatico. My day would've been complete. :) But it's not half bad, I must say. Not half bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home