Monday, May 16, 2005

I *love* thunder storms!!!!

Thanks to everyone's comments on my last post and the one before it.

My uncle did pass away the day they took him off life support and he is living a drag racers life somewhere beyond this one. As I mentioned, my mom is really crushed but I was able to talk to her yesterday and she sounded better. She told me that M sent her an email saying she was sorry about her loss and that his mother was having a mass said for him. My mother isn't hugely religious but was brought up Cath0lic and said she was really touched by that. I got a great guy, I have to say. :)

As for yesterdays post, I love the responses it bring up from everyone. I'm glad to know that I am not the only one... although as I said in my comments, I'm not necessarily CFBC (child free by choice) just undecided at this point. And frankly, I've never been in a position to think about it very seriously anyway. There was a point when i would've had a kid on my own.. not knowing exactly how much work that was, of course... and thankfully I passed that point awhile ago. I know that it requires WAY more work than I can possibly imagine, even with two parents involved.

So, the title of this post anyhow. We are having a fantastic thunderstorm right now, as I type. I LOVE thunderstorms (there are church bells ringing in the distance as well!) and the sound of this is awesome... It's truly dumping out there! WOO HOO!!!

That's all. M arrives tomorrow and we'll plan our next weeks adventure. Looking forward to it!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, I love a thunderstorm.

sigh...wish i was there....

~Anonymous G

May 16, 2005 at 5:37 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle. My condolences to you and your family.

Thunderstorms are amazing.

May 17, 2005 at 7:22 PM  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Wow, I'm really sorry about your uncle.

How wonderful of M to send her an email, especially without your prodding. That's pretty huge- but then I'm sure that you know that.

Thunder in Ireland. Sigh... that sounds absolutely dreamy. I'm also imagining a fireplace, a cozy blanket and a good book.

Sign me up!

May 18, 2005 at 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home