Thursday, May 12, 2005

Not-so-good news...

Been having a lovely time here, a very good day today. The Italian people are so FRIENDLY! I love it.

But some bad news.... I didn't mention anything before but last weekend my uncle, my mother's brother, was in a bad accident. For as long as I've known him, he's raced dragsters during the summer. We weren't particularly close... probably the last time I saw them was at my grandmother's 80th birthday about 7 or 8 years ago. He was a great guy though, from what I knew, always liked him.

Anyhow, he hit a wall last week during a trial or something in Texas (they are from MN) and his car burst into flames and well, he's been on life support all week. Today, in order to his living will, they took him off life support... I guess it won't be long now. They were keeping everyone up to date on a website from a group called Caring Bridge, which was pretty awesome, all the people sending thoughts and prayers... anyhow the last post was about this...

My brother called my mom to get the details, then he handed the phone to me... I can't tell you how I felt as I heard my mother sobbing in the phone... I've NEVER heard her sob like that, not even when her father died and it breaks my heart.... I truly hurt for her and my aunt (her sister).. I told her we would talk tomorrow and hung up the phone...

Gosh, I feel sad for their loss.... for their family.... for his wife who obviously adored him and they seemed to have a true partnership.... my thoughts and prayers go out to them....

And R, haven't heard anything from you in a few days... I hope you are okay. Hugs to you girl...

5 Comments:

Blogger RisibleGirl said...

((((((((((((a))))))))))))

I'll be sending healing thoughts your way and toward your family.

That's awful news indeed.

(((((((((a))))))))) and
(((((((((family)))))))))

May 13, 2005 at 2:38 AM  
Blogger Randygirl said...

(((((((((A)))))))))

I'm sorry for your family's loss, for your aunt for the pain that comes with having to make that choice, even when the decision was made long before, and for those who are feeling helpless and lost.

Thank you for all your good thoughts and your kind offer...I have access to a computer again, and I've updated.

(((((((A's Family)))))))
and of course
(((((((((A)))))))))

May 13, 2005 at 3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

((((((((A and family)))))))))

glad that you've been able to post. good and bad news...it's just good to read you.

(((A)))

~Anonymous G

May 13, 2005 at 4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hugs, A...

keeping your family in my thoughts...

:) cnfgandy

May 14, 2005 at 5:12 AM  
Blogger E in Oz said...

((((((((((((a and your family)))))))))

May 16, 2005 at 5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home