Wednesday, May 04, 2005

More organized than I'll ever be

Gosh, I've been sitting inside here in the office on this mostly lovely day, on a site called V1saJourney and let me tell you... the process is daunting. Fortunately, this great site has a forum where you can ask questions, where most people have listed the timeline of their V1sa process. But the amount of paperwork! Whew! I'm overwhelmed just because I'm not the most organized person who ever lived.

Some of the things they ask for are easy. I can provide proof that we've met in person in the past two years (well, obviously because I'm living here and passport stamps also work), I can provide my birth cert (which I emailed my parents to send without giving any details of why I needed it), we can take the passport photos and he can provide the Divorce Decree.

Later on it'll get trickier. I need to provide proof that I can support him. They ask for 3 most recent pay stubs, tax return (I have one from last year but only worked part of the year), and proof of assets and/or accounts with money. Nobody can seem to tell me for sure if my Lynch account will be enough but some *seem* to think it will be. I'd hate to have that wrong but I don't exactly want to ask anyone to sponsor him! Hopefully it won't come to that.

Anyhow, this is just the beginning. He's mentioning it again but I still seem to be the one doing the work. Why is that? I told him it feels like he doesn't really want it as much but he insists that's not the case. I know it's not but you know what I mean... I guess the first bit is really MY part to do anyway, we each have some paperwork to fill out but I have to send it in since I'm the American whose petitioning. I guess that's okay. He'll be forced to do his bit later - interviews and such.

It's all good. I'm feeling happy about it again. Thanks for all your support out there. Even the hugs. It's exactly what I need!

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Sounds like things are moving along for you, and I'm happpy to hear it! Good luck with the daunting task before you. The paperwork, I mean. Not the relationship. :-)

May 4, 2005 at 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home