Sunday, May 08, 2005

And now, a word from our regularly scheduled program

My mood has lifted, as I expected it would. I know there's a weird vibe in the house right now, all this talk about life changing decisions has us both a little stressed. I can see that my mood is a product of what I am feeling about myself and my life, even though I want to blame it on his snippy mood. I know his snippy mood is probably related to the same thing, or maybe my attitude, or more likely, a little of both.

I made plans to go to Milan this week and see my brother, his wife and my niece. I'm looking forward to it, not only to see them but also for a little time away. I need a bit of 'me' time. Himself will come along after a week and the two of us are planning our little week away. Cinqueterre is the place I want to go.. I've done most of Italy, since I lived there for about 6 months. M's never been so it's whatever he'd like to do, really. I'm open to whatever. (We've started looking at old Tuscan country houses there! LOL)

Anyhow, that's it for today. My dad sent me a photo that I've been wanting to post, something that made me laugh the first time I saw it and always makes me chuckle.. Still wondering exactly what it means... (I'm guessing 'the end of the road')

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5 Comments:

Blogger E in Oz said...

Well, there's only one place to buy if you're going to buy in the Tuscan area of Italy, and that's Montepulciano (and it's not too expensive there!)... or Pontassieve, just outside of Firenze, where my niece lives. Cinqueterre is great too!

May 9, 2005 at 5:23 AM  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

We weren't planning on buying in Cinqueterre.. sorry if that's how I wrote it! :) The place we are looking into is in Tuscany - somewhere around there... I'll check into the place you mentioned, although today we were looking at a gorgeous house in Mexico. Go figure! Is it any wonder we are so confused?

anne

May 9, 2005 at 5:30 PM  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

We're planning on Italy next year (we think!) I'm really looking forward to that. I've never been anywhere except Mexico, so I have a whole world to explore (Including Ireland and Scotland!)

You really ARE grrltraveler!

May 9, 2005 at 7:58 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Have a great trip, Anne. Sounds like the timing is right, too. I'm sure that when he joins you there, you'll have a wonderful time together. Can't wait to read about it when you return.

May 9, 2005 at 10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've not traveled the word like you, little ms grrltraveler (or my nurse..lol!) but i HAVE been to italy!

it should be great fun reconnecting with your brother and family and seeing the italian countryside. and ohhh, the wine. especially from the tuscany region. can you an "sangiovese?" have one (or 2) for me.

xoxo
~Anonymous G

p.s. thanks for the note. you da best!

May 10, 2005 at 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home