Friday, August 12, 2005

Slug be gone!

M and I are getting the house ready for an open house. It's amazing how long we put off doing things that end up taking 10 minutes to do and make the place look so much better! lol We bought a few plants for the front garden (to bring a bit of color) and some bark. The place looks like new. Every morning I am out watering my new plants because I am determined that they do not die. Or get munched on by slugs. The amount of slugs/snails in our garden is more than any one garden needs. I saw a couple this morning... trying to make a 'run' for it... I had to use some sticks to throw them far away. I don't like using poison in a garden in case cats/dogs come along, so I half buried a little container and filled it with beer. The slugs are supposed to smell the beer and come to it, then hopefully fall in and drown. I admit I get a little evil when I think about the slugs eating my plants so I can't wait to see if this works! lol

Ok, that's all. Silly I know. Oh, and I finished the new Harry Potter book. Not as good as some of the others but still pretty good. I won't say what happens though.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fought the slugs for nearly four years in Kilkenny and lost. I used evil blue slug pellets, beer and salt. Keep us updated on your luck.

August 12, 2005 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

I gave up the slug fight long ago. Now we live in peace. They eat my hostas every summer and I let them.

Ironically, "Slug be gone" is the exact phrase my ex-wife used to end our marriage.

August 12, 2005 at 2:19 PM  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

I wonder if there's such a thing as an animal safe slug killer?

Be prepared, slugs are PLENTY in your new neck of the woods.

In fact, I think it's the state mascot.

August 12, 2005 at 3:06 PM  
Blogger Randygirl said...

I got the greatest picture in my head of these slugs heading down to their 'pub' after a hard day of destroying your plants, and getting in over their head ;)

I'm crossing all my crossables for the process to be swift and easy.

xo

August 12, 2005 at 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home