Friday, June 24, 2005

Just a little catch up...

Not much has been going on here lately. At least not since the excitement of meeting Randygirl and B. We spent the week in the sun.. wake up, do our chores, pack a lunch and the car, lather on the sunscreen and head to the beach. Thankfully, it's only 5 minutes from here. We find the same spot each day - just away from the stairs down to the beach - so there aren't as many people. It's amazing how many people walk, like, five steps and then throw down their stuff. Then they are stuck with people trudging by all day, as well as the multitudes of families with kids.. And this isn't even a busy part of the beach! LOL I remember the days I could lay out endlessly... slap on a bit of baby oil and never get burned... or just lay out there all day peacefully, not even reading a book. Now I go bonkers. I have started bringing an umbrella down with us, a small one, and after about 30 minutes, I put the umbrella up and pretty soon I have a towel spread over my legs and there isn't one bit of me in the sun even though I'm at the beach! I still get tan, even with 45 SPF (must be cheap stuff), and even end up a little crispy some days. I try really hard these days NOT to get crispy. But sometimes it happens. Anyhoo, besides the beach..... well, not a lot doing. We met some people at a local irish pub and tonight we are invited to meet up with them at a local Jazz music in the Park sort of deal. So we are going and looking forward to it. We certainly didn't expect to meet anyone here... my typical experience in CA is that people are kind of flaky when it comes to making plans (have you noticed that R?), that it always makes me want to make more of an effort. But these people have been really welcoming and I have to admit, I'm surprised. Hopefully this weekend I will get to meet Anonymous G and Randygirl for a lunch or chat session.. Still waiting to hear on that. And E, when should we book our flights? I think it's winter there now? Should we wait for better weather? :)))

I hope you are all doing well. I will be heading to Seattle next week to look at houses so I may or may not be online. RG, hopefully you and I will be able to meet up as well!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Sounds like you're having a fun and very relaxing trip. Hope you get to meet all of the West Coast blogger friends. Next time, make sure to stop here in NYC. :-)

June 24, 2005 at 10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i tag along to seattle?

huh?

can i pleeease?

;-)
xox
~Anonymous G

June 24, 2005 at 10:59 PM  
Blogger Randygirl said...

This morning was fun! (or am I a dork and the only one who laughed and laughed and laughed the whole time?)

What I've found is that it's different between north and south. Up here, it's very plan plan plan to the very minute details, and you've got to have SomePlace To Go...some nice new place that's just been discovered. Then everyone takes their own car and in the end only half the people show anyway.

When I'm down there, it's always been absolutely no planning until the last minute, and it's the Same Spot as Last Time...where you'll get better service because you're a regular. Then everyone pairs into cars and even then half the cars call your cell partway there and say they've stopped someplace first and never make it anyway.

Thus why my ideal (barbecues, backyards, beaches, parks, just good sized relaxed get-togethers) never seem to happen! Oh, well!

Glad you're getting so much beach time. My swimsuit finally arrived yesterday so I can get back onto it soon! hooray!

June 25, 2005 at 3:32 AM  
Blogger Randygirl said...

oh and p.s. when you get a chance, please take a look at my 'whaddaya say' post and let me know.

I'll email the link, I'm not posting it anywhere.

xo
hope you had fun tonight!

June 25, 2005 at 8:20 AM  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

Missing you!!!

Are you having tons of fun?

kiss the ground for me.

xox

July 7, 2005 at 12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about world cheese company
. You can check it out at world cheese company



Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder

October 26, 2005 at 5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home