Sunday, July 24, 2005

Well since it seems I can't sleep...

I'll tell my other news..

Some of you already know that M proposed to me. I said yes (eep!). So the story goes something like this... I'm afraid, while sweet, not long.

Tuesday morning M was awake early. Because he was awake, I kind of woke up, he asked did I want to go for a walk on the beach. I rolled over and said, no, I'm still sleeping. And proceeded to do so for another 3 hours or so.

But midday, he suggested it again. I was in a serious funk for a number of reasons - just tired from living in others people's homes for 6 weeks and wanting to get home to my own, and feeling blah because I haven't been exercising. I agreed and we drove down to the beach. We flipped of our flip flops and walked from Oceans1de to Carl$bad, about a mile or so. We decided to stop for mexican food, my last for awhile. After a yummy meal, it was back down the beach. Being summer, the beach there is more crowded than I've ever seen it. We walked back, talking and people watching, until we came to a place where the crowd kind of thinned (too far for people to walk from their cars). M sat down, I sat down. He got back up on his knees and faced me. I didn't think anything of it until he started saying something about me spending the rest of my life with him (honestly, I cannot remember his exact words!). Part of my brain was thinking, aw, he's joking again but I said yes, in case he wasn't. And he wasn't. lol

I know I've said this a number of times in different places but I truly didn't think we'd get to this point. I mean, it was always a big cloud in the distance, geez, I can remember when he told me he'd never get married again. It doesn't seem that long ago. I remember breaking up because he hadn't processed the pain of that previous marriage. But I didn't remember that the spot he asked me to marry him was the same exact spot where two and a half years earlier he told me he still loved me and didn't want to be without me. It was when we got back together. Pretty cool. :)

So there it is, the story. We went and bought some champagne and two bottles of our favorite Sterling Cabernet (the only expensive wine we like) and broke the news to my parents. I think I heard a sigh of relief, if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure they were wondering. Needless to say, they were pretty thrilled. We flew to Paris the next day (lol) and then when we got home, we told M's sisters the good news. But then his parents came over and we stopped talking about it. Due to reasons I've mentioned before but said I wouldn't mention anymore, he told his parents alone the next day. Everyone is thrilled. Yay, they like me! lol

3 Comments:

Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Wow- seems that Hubby and "M" have a lot in common (and so do you and I!)

Hubby also told me he'd never get married again (and I believed him), and I also didn't believe him when he asked (but he meant it!)!

We're so romantic, eh?

HUGE congratulations!!!!!!

July 24, 2005 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger monica said...

(girlie squeal!)

You don't have to tell a long, dramatic and involved story or have some ridiculous, elaborate proposal (with jets flying overhead and cannons firing! LOL).

Your happiness is just shining through, and it's very contagious. :) Hugs to you both!

July 24, 2005 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

That's a beautiful story and I couldn't be happier for both of you. It's difficult to make me smile on a Monday morning, but after reading this, I'm grinning from ear to ear.

July 25, 2005 at 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home