Thursday, January 06, 2005

Short little post

This week has been rather productive. That makes me happy. I ran a ton of errands on Tuesday, got my haircut on Wednesday and helped M paint the dining area today.

Because the wind has been blowing like a banshee the last few days, I decided something needed to be done with my hair. So, I... ahem... got it all cut off. It's quite short now and I'm relieved. I'd worn it short for years, then when I decided to travel I grew it out (tying it back seemed easier than anything else). As the last couple years have gone by, it's progressively gotten shorter. Now, it's about as short as it can go without being a buzzcut. Even better, M loves it. (I've never had a boyfriend love my hair short.) An added bonus! We had a night out last night, to celebrate my new 'do - headed into Dublin for dinner. It's changed so much since his single days, I think, there is a lot of money floating around and good restaurants and funky bars are everywhere you turn. It's not much different than San Francisco, to be honest. I love the buzz. We had a lovely night.

Today we accomplished a bit more. We painted the dining area together. A nice cappuccino color. Yes, that was me painting and receiving instruction from him on the finer points of painting. We actually did okay. I didn't get too defensive and I tried to ask questions to make it seem like I didn't know everything (hmm. sometimes I struggle with admitting that! LOL). It was good and the color is gorgeous. We will do one wall tomorrow a mocha color to add a little something different. I am impressed that we managed to agree on colors that we are happy with. It's all good.

That's all from me today. Spent more time catching up with the girls... Talk more soon....

4 Comments:

Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Ha, you and I are trading places. I'm starting to grow mine out after wearing it short for the last three years. Not too long... just shoulder length basically and lots of layers.

Those colors sound lovely. I'm paying MUCH more attention to what color people are painting their rooms, now that we're building the house. Hubby has started to convince me to use rusts, greens and browns. From what I've seen in the model homes, that's all the rage now...

xoxo

January 6, 2005 at 10:37 PM  
Blogger E in Oz said...

The colours sound great. C's house is mostly terracotta colours, and he's furnishing it with really dark rich chocolate coloured wooden furniture (since his ex wouldn't let him keep any of his stuff when she moved in and then took her stuff and his when she left, he pretty much had nothing when I met him). It's pretty stylish for a guy's place LOL. Although he does have two G-d awful paintings that he's insisted on putting in the living room, because a friend of his painted them. Ugh..I think they need to have a terrible accident come upon them so they can go!

You're a leo right? Of course you know everything and you're always right. We all are! Mandy and Sal can vouch for that too! LOL

Short hair? Can we see a pic? ;-)

January 7, 2005 at 3:30 AM  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

i know what you mean, kalliope, we also have a few paintings i'd like to see commit suicide by falling off the wall and onto a shredder! LOL

risible, i didn't know you were building a new house! picking colors is great fun. i lived in a house with white walls my whole life and the minute i got my own place, i had some fun with it. i like earthy tones and the color in my old condo was one of my all-time favorites... sigh! have fun with it!

a

January 7, 2005 at 9:56 AM  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Here are the gory details of my house

http://www.risiblegirl.com/index.php?p=43

They broke ground this week!

January 8, 2005 at 12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home