Friday, February 11, 2005

I'm leaving on a jetplane..

well, i know when i'll be home again, so that song doesn't work, now does it? LOL

It doesn't feel like less than a week before I leave for California. I'm excited but not crazy excited like I am before I see M. I am thrilled to see my friends and catch up. I'm looking forward to warm sunshine (or warm rain, I don't care if it's warm!), maybe for a week or two my tootsies, hands and nose won't be the temperature of an icecube. And this is during the day!

Before I fly away on Wednesday, we are going away for a Valentine's Day weekend in Killarny. It's on the west side of the country, near a national park, very scenic. Lots of hiking, hopefully, if the weather is good. Lots of drinking of Murphy's Stout if it's not! No complaints there. (Murphy's is from the west, Guinness from the east. I guess you have to drink Murphy's when you are on the west coast. Or maybe that's just M's thing.. LOL) Anyhow, we are greatly looking forward to a little time away. Even though we spend so much time in the house together, even in the same space, there's something to be said for going away from home, reconnecting and energizing our relationship. I can't wait!! I will try and take many photos and get them posted before I leave for America but I can't promise anything. You'll see it eventually. :)

As for my trip, I have the long list (it's gotten longer since the weeks have passed) and since I'm missing both M's birthday (the 18th) and our anniversary of sorts (the 26th), I will have some serious a$$ kissing to do with gifts from home. But I already have an idea and am bringing a whole suitcase extra. just for pressies. I haven't purchased the laptop yet, mostly because I can only carry one item and thought I might sacrifice it to bring a flat screen monitor home for M's birthday/anniversary/Cmas 2005/Valentine's day 2006 gift! They are kind of expensive (the bigger ones are)... LOL Seriously though, he spends so much time online, and frankly I couldn't think of anything else! I could be selfish and carry the laptop for myself or I could get the monitor. I seriously couldn't carry both. I have a connection in Chicago and it would be too much to carry. And I've seen enough shows about what baggage handlers do to your luggage. or steal from it. It's not a good move. Anyhow, I'll probably think about it too long and then not buy either!

I guess I better run. Time to do some yoga and finish my book. I'm reading Tom Robbins 'Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates'. He is seriously one of the only authors that makes me laugh out loud. He's an oddball, that's for sure. I think he's one of those guys you either love or hate but after I read 'Skinny Legs and All' back in the day, I've been hooked. (If you read or have seen 'Even Cowgirls Get the Blues', you need to try a different one. That was my least favorite.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Randygirl said...

Don't forget to have a fantastic time out here! It's been so beautiful, you'll thaw quickly.
Since I know from the board thread what good taste you have in books, I may actually have to give him a try (and I was never interested before). Guess I'll be heading to the library, lol.

February 12, 2005 at 10:06 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Have a great (and safe) trip. I guess this means I should drink Murphy's while I'm out here in Cali for the week. Thanks for the tip - not that I need a reason to drink Murphy's or Guiness...

February 16, 2005 at 4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you gone already? Will you blog while you're here??
ahh, we'll be so close- too bad we can't meet up for a glass of wine.
have a wonderful, safe, fun trip.
you and M will be LDR for a little while - just like the old days. oh, but the reunion.
so sweet!

bon voyage!
xoxo
~Anonymous G

February 17, 2005 at 4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home