Tuesday, March 29, 2005

I'm wrecked..

It's been a nice long weekend here. Easter at M's parents was lovely. We got some chocolate eggs - my favorite is Yorkie bars. Here's the container they came in - the ad campaign says they're not for girls!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I always thought this was hilarious so I had to take a photo of the box.

Last night our neighbors had a 25th wedding anniversary party. We went over and met some new people, which was great fun. I kept getting my wine glass filled and I hate to say it but I got drunk. You know how some nights you can drink a few glasses of wine and it's no bother. You don't get drunk or end up hungover in the morning? And then there's those times... those other times.. usually when you are at the house of people you hardly know.... and something you ate reacts badly with the alcohol (that's what I am blaming it on!) and you get drunk too fast. And you go home early and pass out. And you get up in the morning feeling the worse for wear and you actually get sick and throw up. In the shower. Yeah. That was my day. I haven't had one of those in AGES. I know I didn't make a total fool of myself but I'm still a little shy about seeing my neighbors outside their house... as M would say, Jay-sus! I was not a pretty sight today. But I have a good man. He went out to buy my requisite greasy food lunch (hot chips & fried chicken) and he made me a lovely dinner later. 'Comfort food' he called it, to make me feel whole again. It worked. I'm exhausted and heading to bed early.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger RisibleGirl said...

I dunno, the idea of greasy food on a icky stomach makes me kind of lurchy right now!

I had a similar experience after my youngest son's 22n'd birthday party a couple of weeks ago. In the house were four guys under 25, me, hubby and one of hubby's friends (who is a riot). We played poker and drank.

We have a rule at our house, that anytime you make a mistake in poker (misdeal, look at your cards when it's a no-peek game, etc) you have to take a shot of tequila.

Well, the more I drink the more mistakes I make. I was ONE.SORRY.GIRL the next day. It took me almost two days to recover. uggh.

March 30, 2005 at 4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Gosh, I just realized I'm going to sound like a lush or something when this story is finished! LOL" - said oh-so-innocently by the girl who is living irish.
Well, A, as it turns out, you *ARE* a lush!!
;-)
xoxo

~Anonymous G

March 30, 2005 at 5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home