Sunday, March 13, 2005

Finally back and online...

I'm sorry I didn't get online sooner after I returned home. I was totally wiped out and on top of that, had guests. It just didn't seem right to get online while they were visiting. ;)

R and anonymous g, I wish we could have met up! I would've loved to have met B too (I admit to being more than curious to meet you and probably should've pushed it more but I know you only get a small amount of time together). I promise next time I'll spend a little longer and make sure I see my online friends! anonymous g, I hope you had your surgery and it was successful.. please let me know how you are doing. i think of you often... RG, your new page is beautiful. i was admiring it the other day. cnfg, you are probably too busy to check this but i hope you made it safely to VA. and E, i'm glad to hear that things are going well with your new living situation. you sound in love. S! Come back! We miss you. jigga, haven't had a chance to drop in yet. thanks for checking on me. i hope you are doing well. jules, congrats on the hardest part, buying the ticket.. you are on your way!

So, I arrived home last Friday at 7:30am and had guests arriving at 2pm the same day. M and I scooted home for a little welcoming snuggle (etc!) and gift opening and we drove back out to the airport to pick up my friends. It was a bit of struggle for me as I was still run down from the cold I had and from the drugs I was taking to keep things dry during the flight.. (if you've ever flown with a sinus infection or head cold, you know what I was dealing with) but we managed to show them a bit of Ireland. They flew out yesterday morning and are home as I write this. My girl friend kept hoping for rain but we had a beautiful week (albeit cold) and I'm just not unhappy that she didn't get her wish! LOL

Aside from the illness, I had a great visit home. I spent time with my friend C who is so busy with work that she doesn't have a life. She won the trip, so without her lack of life I wouldn't have gotten to visit Maui, but I keep crossing my fingers that she will create some balance. I always tell her that no one at their deathbed EVER says 'I wish I spent more time at the office'... it's always about wishing they'd spent more time with their family and friends. I pound perspective into her. At least I try. I think I did a little good though as she's responding to my emails now. I told her even if she writes one line, I'd be happy knowing she's alive. It was THAT bad for a while. That said though, she kicks ASS in her job and I'm sure she's the only woman my age(she's actually only 33) making 6 digits that I know. So, I know she's awesome at what she does. Aside from seeing her and Maui, I met up with my last boss for lunch, my girl friend in Danville for a few days, my dentist, another friend for lunch, and my ex-boss/friend and ex-coworker/good pal for wine drinking and lots of chat. As well as my parents and a great friend for chips and margaritas! And I did my taxes. That was a challenge. Selling a house and exercising 2 types of options, etc, etc... Next year should be alot easier. I can go back to the 1040EZ! :P If I even have any income to report! LOL

So I purchased everything on my list and somehow managed to get it back home. We have been enjoying Peets coffee for a week and even printed out a few lovely color photos on the new printer.. It survived the trek in the suitcase. My dad is bringing over the laptop. I dillydallied (love that word!) and decided at the last minute to purchase it... obviously it didn't arrive in time for me to carry it over, so he is. Can't wait to get started on that. Hopefully setting up the wireless network will be a piece of cake.

Ok ladies and gentleman, that's it for now. You probably stopped looking to see if I had written at this point... sorry about that. I expect to be online from now on! At least until my folks arrive and I'm off on travel again. Oh, and I'll post some photos soon. Cheers!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

((((((A))))))

Glad to see you back, safe and sound and smiling.

xoxo
~Anonymous G

p.s. you've got mail

March 13, 2005 at 6:40 PM  
Blogger Randygirl said...

Woo Hoo She's back!

(I kept clicking to check and then clicking again the next day, lol)

Yeah, well, it'll just tear me up to have to go out to Ireland to say hello, you know. That'll just be horrible. ;)

Glad the trip was so great, and keep on taking care of yourself!
(Thx for all the comments...nice to know people go read the old stuff!)
hugs,
R

March 15, 2005 at 1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home