Saturday, March 26, 2005

Not-so-Good Friday

Gosh, I just realized I'm going to sound like a lush or something when this story is finished! LOL

Thursday night we hit the store to pick up a few items. I knew we were down to one bottle of wine and no beer so I wanted to pick up some wine for the weekend, knowing it was Easter and things might not be open. Well, I didn't find the wine I wanted (we just tried a great new one that was on sale and I was going back for more!) so Martin suggested I go to the store on Friday. I said fine and we proceeded to drink the last bottle of wine at home on Thursday night. So 'Good' Friday rolls around and it's like an official holiday here. Besides many places being closed, there is absolulely no alcohol served ANYWHERE on Good Friday. Meaning, there is no alcohol sold anywhere either. So, while the grocery was open, they did not allow the sale of wine. Or beer. Harrumph! I couldn't believe it! I had to chastise my Irish boyfriend who has lived here for 35 years now and still doesn't know that the stores don't sell alcohol on Good Friday. Can you believe it? And even though we don't drink every night, it suddenly seemed imperative that we have booze last night! LOL

Anyhow, we survived without and I lived to tell about it. That's the story of 'not-so-Good Friday'.

Oh, BTW, we have almost completed our work, we even bought carpet for the stairs and landing and our bedroom, to be arriving on Wednesday and installed! We also finally found great handles to fit on the new closets that Martin built last month, so now we'll be able to open them without bending down to the floor to stick our fingers under the lip of the closet door! Ah, the little things in life!

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

1 Comments:

Blogger Randygirl said...

I'm as bad as M. I had all sorts of plans of things I was going to do today, and last night around 8 I suddenly remembered that nothing was going to be open. D'oh! So no buying shoes for work, no picking up stuff for scrapbooking, no oil change, no turning in my favourite ring for repair, etc. And additionally, I lost half a tooth today...why do those things always happen on holidays?! Happy Easter!
hugs,
R

March 27, 2005 at 11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home