Monday, April 04, 2005

Happiness is....

..planting some seeds and watching them grow. I don't know if you'll be able to see this in the photo, but my little basil seeds are producing little buds! I feel like a proud mama! Here's their first little baby photo, sure to cover most of the screen:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only two more days til my parents arrive. I have truly decided if you ever are procrastinately about jobs that you don't really want to do, invite someone to visit. Preferably, someone who you want to prove that you've grown up and can take care of yourself. LOL In the past two weeks, we have:
1) painted hall, stairs, landing with 4 coats (2 primer, 2 color)
2) undercoated and glossed all the skirting board, doorframes and doors (about 7 doors, and 4 rooms total)
3) picked and installed carpet for stairs and landing, as well as our bedroom
4) organized and readied spare room for parents, including some painting, bed making, sheet washing, bed frame installing, and today, window washing
5) washed each and every window including an enclosed porch with all windows, front room, 2 bedrooms, kitchen window and sliding doors inside and out.
6) mowed lawn, pulled weeds, trimmed lawn, worked on stump removal of old plant but was unsuccessful
7) purchased new kitchen items - placemats, chair cushions, throw and pillows for futon, clock, silverware
8) stained kitchen chairs and table
9) planted indoor house plant into planters for decoration

gosh, i think that's it.
tomorrow we have to:
1) return two placemats and get smaller ones
2) gas up cars for ride to airport
3) buy food and wine
4) clean hardwood floors and kitchen floor
5) heavy duty bathroom cleaning

And then, we are going to sleep for a week! :)
Did I say I was looking forward to it? Because I am. :)


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

come to my house??

I wanna paint the walls, put up new mouldings, beautify the patio, buy new kitchen stuff - not to mention new furniture -

it's got to feel great, A.

enjoy the beautiful results of your hard work and then enjoy sharing it all with your folks!

~Anonymous G

and p.s. no, i'm not an alum... i just never realized you went to school in WA!! (that's Don's "home" and my home away from home, dontchaknow)

xox

April 5, 2005 at 6:21 PM  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

I love planting seeds... in fact, it's about time that I get on it.

I get to have a greenhouse at our new home and I'm beyond excited about it.

Sounds like you're going to have to sleep for months after all of this!
xoxo

April 6, 2005 at 2:20 AM  
Blogger E in Oz said...

LOL, my bro and his gf are coming to stay this weekend. Thankfully, we already painted the wall and did the outdoor furniture.

Now I just have to mop, brush, wipe, scrub and buff for the next few days a) so the boy doesn't think I live like a troll when he's not home, and b) so my brother reports back to my mum that my house is clean and perfect. Sheesh!

April 12, 2005 at 6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home