Friday, April 15, 2005

Just a quick note...

..whew! what a whirlwind this past week has been!

I got the job of driving while we went sightseeing around the west. My first full time driving on the tiny side roads of Ireland. I'm telling you, there were a number of times I was sucking in my breath as we passed a big truck, hoping somehow it would make our car skinnier and more able to fit in the narrow lane! I just had to look straight ahead and hope the side mirrors were still attached at the end of the day. LOL

We toured the Ring of Kerry (same trip I did with M in February), the Dingle Peninsula (far more amazing, in my opinion) and the Cliffs of Moher in 4 days. The weather somehow managed to stay decent so we were actually able to see the vistas and all. It's been nice. My parent's friends left on Thursday and tomorrow we head out to Scotland. We fly into Edinburgh, tour there, then Glascow and take a train to Cardiff, Wales to fly home to Dublin. That trip is one week.

It's so great having my folks here. Being able to show them around and play host to them.. They are always hosting us so it feels good to reciprocate! They seem to really love M and get along well with him.. He gives it back to my dad as good as he gets it! It's all good.

Just in case I don't get a chance to catch on everyone's blogs, just wanted to say Hi! Anonymous G, I hope things are going well for you, you are always getting positive health vibes from me. That goes for you too, R. cnfg, I hope things are improving in your situation! E, I know you are back with the boy now and therefore, content. :) And I promise all to post photos as soon as I get back in town! Ian, thanks for dropping in! Take care..

6 Comments:

Blogger Randygirl said...

I'm so envious of your trip, but it sure sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy yourself...I'm glad the folks are getting on so well with M.
Mwah!
hugs,
Randygirl ;)

April 15, 2005 at 10:09 PM  
Blogger Randygirl said...

I don't really mean to hijack, but I had to say, one of my daily read blogs had a post recently in which they said 'don't be a comment whore'. Don't go to other people's blogs and leave comments that don't say anything just to try to drum up readership for your own. At least say something insightful that makes it seem like you read the blog you're commenting on.
And I said "Woo hoo! you go girl!" ;) Am I snotty or what?

April 16, 2005 at 9:03 AM  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Sounds lovely and I am looking forward to seeing the pictures.

We plan to go there in the next couple of years, so it'll be fun to see all the places we'll visit.

BTW, I can't find that wine ANYWHERE! But I have hope that today will be the day. We're doing wine tasting with my mo-in-law, and she said they're featuring South African wines. I'm crossing my fingers.

Glad you're having fun with the folks.

xoxo

April 16, 2005 at 4:52 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Sounds like a great visit you're having with the family. I'll wait patiently for my invitation. :-)

Can't wait to see any pics you might have taken. You're a great photographer and it's always interesting to see your talent at work.

April 20, 2005 at 6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there-
Glad to see you're having a great time with the parents!

I'll send an e-mail update in a bit.

the anonymous cnfg

April 23, 2005 at 1:07 PM  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Did your parents ground you?

OK, I'll wait patiently for pictures. :)

April 25, 2005 at 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home