Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Hobbling along

Well, since my friends left, I have decided (again) that I need to get back into shape. I've let myself go in the last six months. I didn't mean to let it go that long... I just got tired of the workouts I was doing, then I thought having a few extra beers or wine wouldn't hurt, then I spent many months traveling that made eating well and exercising a bit difficult. I noticed the pants getting a little tighter... the shirts not fitting so well around the belly... I started wearing baggy sweats because it was a little easier... sigh... and now here I am. Waistless. lol

So, since Monday, I've been back at the gym. I weighed myself but miraculously I weigh the same as I did 2 and a half months ago. Which means... unfortunately... that my muscles are obviously gone to sh1t and I've turned into a big blog. I mean, blob. lol I was stretching after my workout on Monday, next to a mirror and eek! horror of horrors!! I saw... (weeping)... the little C. Yep, cellulite. Sigh. That's what I get for doing nothing for 6 months.

6 Comments:

Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Honey, I feel your pain! Only I've gone a helluva lot longer than that without going to the gym.

I'm still not going, but I am eating right (step one!) I plan to start with the exercise when my schedule calms down a little. (maybe I should say *IF* my schedule calms down)

Good for you for forcing yourself into the gym. Now force me, will ya?

August 17, 2005 at 2:58 PM  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

Good for YOU! You're taking control and going to the gym! Before you know it, you'll be back into the jeans and out of the baggies!
(big blog...LOL!!)

hugs...
~G

August 17, 2005 at 6:24 PM  
Blogger E in Oz said...

I hear ya! I haven't been to gym in ages either. I don't think I've added too much weight, but I sure don't look so decent anymore. I'm eating well. I just need to start moving more. :-p

August 18, 2005 at 5:53 AM  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

spam? in your comments?? bleck!

August 19, 2005 at 5:37 AM  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

yah, can you believe it? that's the second time I deleted spam... ah well!

a

August 19, 2005 at 8:26 AM  
Blogger monica said...

It's so easy to fall out of the gym habit, isn't it? (BTW, if you've only got a TINY bit of cellulite, you're doing TONS better than most women.)

OMG, I haven't been working out since last November... first it was grad school 3 days a week, then it was scrambling to move to VA, then it was school, the killer heat wave, and now? I'm out of excuses. LOL.

Maybe I should get motivated like you! ;)

August 21, 2005 at 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home