Friday, January 14, 2005

My week in review

I had a good week and I get a little alone time this evening, as M is off driving the taxi for a few hours. Most of the week was spent finishing the painting of the kitchen and doing odds and ends. We got a lot accomplished and it feels good. I've kind of put my foot down and said that we must finish the one room, before we start on another, and it's going pretty well. I still need to paint the trim (they call it skirting board), M needs to finish the tile backsplash and filling in odd pieces of wood missing from when he installed the kitchen cabinets. I also need to clean and sand the wooden curtain rod and paint it. We decided against new curtain rods since they will stay with the house when we sell but splashed out on expensive curtains which will come with us. I know, VERY exciting. :)

Tuesday night I met an American woman for dinner. She was introduced to me from the ex-IRA guy that we had dinner with back in December. We had dinner downtown and she was nice enough. Asked that I send her my resume and she'd try and get me hooked up, either with Trinity College (where she works) or doing work for a Well Woman's Center (computer work) or the Rape Crisis Clinic (also computer work). She also mentioned introducing me to another friend of hers, more my age, just so I might have a chance to make friends. I think I must have come off as desperate and I suppose I am. I loved having a bit of ME time - out with a friend that wasn't M's friends, doing my own thing. He told me to call him when I was finished, he would pick me up (about 30 minutes into downtown) but I took the street car to a place closer to the house and called him from there to pick me up. It's amazing how something so little just gives me back a little feeling of independence.

I started up at the gym again this week, after a bit of a break. Again, it feels good. I swear I am the only person who smiles when i am listening to music and running on the treadmill. Gosh it makes me happy. (Which reminds me that the American woman - she's lived here for 30 years - thought it was a little odd that I smile at everyone. She thinks it's unusual and isn't surprised that people didn't respond to me! Huh.) I also was meant to start my new yoga class. It's in a different place than the last class so I mapped out the directions to the place with M, then drove down a few days before to find it, which I did. When I went down on Thursday for the class however, it had been changed to an earlier time and I didn't know, so I missed the class anyway. M asked me later if I was mad that I missed the class and I laughed and said that that kind of defeats the purpose if I was! LOL

This morning I got a message from our European IT manager, from my old company. He told me he gave my name to the new European IT manager for Applied Materials (who bought out my old company) as this guy is looking for a full time IT person in their DUBLIN office!!! So, there is a very good chance I am meeting this guy on Monday, as he is in town for meetings. We talked briefly this morning and I will know more on Monday! YAHOO!

And all this right after I rescheduled my trip home. I decided to extend my trip. I'm leaving here on the 16th of Feb, returning on the 3rd of March. I will visit my friends, go to Maui AND visit my parents. Hopefully none of my flights will be delayed else it will all fall apart! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Wow, sounds like things are definatley on their way up for you!

I think it's funny, too, that people don't respond to a smile there. Hmmmm, that'd be kind of weird. I smile so much when I'm out walking around downtown that people have commented on it to me. But they're good comments. :)

I see a very happy start of the year for you. Yup. I hope it's an omen for what's to come.

xoxo

January 15, 2005 at 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home